Monday, November 24, 2008

Well FINALLY we are in the new house!! I was starting to think that it was years away from happening. The house is not quite complete with the floating floors in the kitchen/halls/back family room to be laid this week, the landscaping to be done this week or early next week, curtain also this week. But all in all its great. A little strange as I am now used to the little unit and feel like there is too much space!

Dobby is staying at mums at the moment as the fencing will not be done until Jan 13 - no supply available - so mum is already pulling her hair out, but he is coming over tonight for a sleep over and day tomorrow with me at the unit while i do the final clean.

It was an interesting weekend as we didn't know up until lunch time Saturday that we could have the keys... Simon ended up working till 2pm and then we did some of the smaller things and then it was off to a party for one of the "boys" (Mark) from work...... That turned out to be a fun night of learning how to swear in South African (they look after m so well - now I wont look rude or sound rude when abusing stupid drivers!) and doing pub runs for more beer. (I knew there had to be a down side to being a non drinker!!) The small group of us (around 8-9) started out the front of the units until the old man up stairs thought we needed a shower and rain it out, so inside we went!! This then gave the boys the idea that they needed some easy listening music (thank god - none of this heavy metal crap) and we danced and laughed while listening to the Greatest Hits from the Eagles.. The night finished around 1am and everyone safely but maybe not to steady walked home.

OH I FORGOT!! My dear husband and his wonderful boss Sam have been seeking (very secret business between them) and early Christmas Present for me!! And Simon delivered it personally on Thursday night! A NEWER CAR!! Not a brand newy but a 1997 Subaru Forrester... VERY NICE. It was one of the other guys car from work and he has looked after it so well, that it drives and feels like a new car. So YES they pulled one over me, which is very hard to do!!

I have some photos of the "party", house and car on my camera, I just have to remember where I put it! LOL.

Our house phone goes on tomorrow so Telstra will be upset as they wont be getting so much money off me and my mobile again!!!

Anyway I better get this dinner finished, kids bathed and ready for a night of reading my new DR Phil book.

I will upload photos when I stop having a memory blank!

Love to all
Kath Xxxx

1 comment:

Michele said...

great news happy House warming!! Lovely to have a new car!!