Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Morning, yet again its another Sunday Morning and nothing is moving except for a, well me, didn't really want to call myself a mouse!! Yep all the rest of the Brotherton's are still sleeping so it is nice and quiet!

The week has flown by really with no major Dramas, well I had a couple of upsetting parts, but no injuries to the kiddies or myself and Sim.

The Air Con is IN! Oh and what a blessing it is....... beautiful and cool...... (OK Hudson's up!)

Simon, the kids and Clyde (one of the South African boys) went out crabbing yesterday and the kids got Sunburned (daddy forgot the sunscreen tut tut), and Hudson is a little sore this morning, nothing some soothing cream wont fix!

OK to the upsetting bits, Our dog ( which we have had since it was 6 weeks old - now 3 nearly 4) went to heaven on Friday...... broke my heart he was part of the family..... but these things happen and we just have to keep thinking it is for the best and that he is now playing with all our loved ones up in heaven.

I went to Church on Christmas Eve and since then the Pastor keeps dropping in, anyway in dropped in on Wednesday I think it was, and started his "chat". I told him about how I find comfort in knowing Chance is an angel looking out for us and that I have my little things that keep me going to find comfort, anyway he blew them out of the water telling me that there are no angels and that they are only devils or demons trying to lead me down the wrong path!!!! WHAT THE F!! Needless to say I asked him not to return and made a couple of calls to Pauline, Mum, Dad to find out what he was carrying on about. As it turns out this "church" is one of the left wing ones and We were not aware of this at the time. I WILL NOT BE RETURNING to that one I can assure you!! Not only did this little visit set of a panic attack it actually shook me to the core. I have found some relief in the things that Mum and Pauline told me and Have flicked through the bible to try and find somethings that contradicted what he said - still looking (not sure where to look the book is that big!) but i remember and people have reassured me that the "normal" old school Church's have angels on the walls. Soooo I am going back to believing and interpreting the bible and my beliefs and comforts MY WAY.

We are having the "village" up tonight for the Cricket. 20/20 match Aust. V South Africa....... wont that divide the street!! Only problem being, myself, Simon are the only Aussies and there is ooohhh about 5 South Africans to contend with and that's not counting the ones that probably wont come! Oh well its all in good fun and something for us all the rib each other about - whoever wins! CARN' THE AUSSIES :)

Anyway housework to do (I wish I had a magic wand - or an angel (ha ha) to come through during the night and do it all for me...... Didn't win lotto AGAIN last night so I will have to do it myself and Simon will have to go to work tomorrow!

Have a great Sunday and I will blog again soon, hopefully by then I will have my CD Set and have the permission to blog about it - if not then I just let you know how I'm feeling in this one!

Love Kath xxxxx

3 comments:

Michele said...

Wow I would have socked him one!! No decent pastor would remove someones source of comfort. It's not as though you were praying to beeelzebub!! I think whatever is a comfort is what is right.I think of loved ones beign there ot talk to but not in any specific palce More they are there for you.
Hope you are feeling over his attack. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mich, I am feeling better about it, still makes me shake my head when I think about it, but I know all our loved ones are there to talk to and to look out for us. Thank you for your message! I love you all too very much. xxx

see me said...

Hi Kath,
Plugging in here a tad late to provide the greatest support. I don't know about that you need worry about which side of the fence the guy was on but whether he provide any comfort and support for you which he certainly didn't!
I presume the dropping in wasn't by invitation and that he hasn't bothered you again.
I hope you are feeling a lot better- especially given the Aussie's cricketing performance.
Take care dear one cos you know we love you dearly.
Love
Celia