Sunday, December 28, 2008

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Christmas and have recovered well. Now to get through New Years :) Listening to the news last night it is going to be a hot one here in the West hitting 39 on Jan 1st! BUGGER air con doesn't get installed until the 8th. :(

We had a good day Christmas day, a lovely quiet lunch (well except for the noisy toys Nana's, Nanny's and uncle gave haha), I was feeling a bit off some of the day and couldn't put my finger on it, put it down to tiredness after a hectic 4 days before, but NO i then realised I hadn't taken my medication - OOPS!

After our guests left Simon took the kids to the park to hit golf balls with the boys new golf sets, and I had a nanna nap! - Amazing how a nanna nap and your medication help!

Then it was off down the road to help the South African boys enjoy some festivities without their families...... didn't last long - ended up in the backyard of our place playing cricket, soccer and anything else they could think of - even my new Karaoke Machine (Simon and kids regretting that purchase already! - they say I don't sound anything like Pink?? Have no idea why I personally think they are just tone deaf !!)

Boxing day we decided to HIT THE ROAD! We travelled to Pemberton and spent the afternoon at Big Brook Dam kids swimming and me sitting - complaining (naughty me) about camping - BUT I sucked it up and ended up in bed in the tent at 630 with a massive headache. Sooo in the morning we packed up the camp site and headed back to Busselton and are now staying in a Holiday Unit, which I must say is much for comfy for the likes of me who needs the mod cons like a shower and toilet!

The kids had a great day yesterday swimming in the pool and playing on the play ground. I again got a massive headache and laid on the couch in the unit and watched the cricket ( the South African boys will be glad I'm not in the Village - street nick name - today). Once again I forgot the medication! Back on it now and hopefully I can get through the day without a headache although I can still feel it there but nothing major. The kids and Simon hit the beach for a change later in the day and poor Hudson swam into a school of Stingers! Well you can see by the photo it isn't pleasant but no crying or anything from Hudson.

We are now planning on what we are doing today, apart from the pool and watching Cricket, may head to the Busselton Jetty and do the 1.8km walk to the underground observatory.

I will add photos of a adventure and Christmas over the next few days or as I get a chance to! Thank goodness for laptops and wireless Internet connections!

Be safe and chat soon.

Kath xx

No comments: